Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fitting into a mold. Trying to be who they want me to be. What's the point? It's my life. They try to live their life through me. That's not how it works. This is my turn. It's up to me to make the choices. It effects me more than anyone. I'm the one dealing with the consequences. Why should I bother listening to them? Well, I should listen...but why should I jump when they say jump? Why should I sprint when they say go? It's not their life! I'm happy with where my life is heading. So what, I made some mistakes? I'm not Jesus Christ! I'm not perfect! I'm a fucking human being! We make mistakes...it's a part of life! That's how we learn. Maybe I didn't learn the first time, or even the second or third, but that's because they were telling me what I should learn. That's not how life works. I mean of course they can point me in what they believe is the right direction and of course they can offer me words of advice. But that does NOT mean they should shove me down the road they want me to go down. That does NOT mean they should take a hammer and pound in the lessons THEY think i should learn. I figured it out finally though. I told them that I would do what I want to do. And I'll deal with the consequences. So that's what I did. With the help of him, I got through the crossroads I was faced with. He stole my heart and I fell in love with him. What motivates me to do what I need to do is the fact that I don't want to lose him. He doesn't force me to do anything, he just helps me, he encourages me to do the best I can do! He congratulates me when I do something good. So that's what I'm doing. I took control of my life again, I get my shit done and then I go play. I make sure I got things in order before I go crazy. When I do get crazy, I know I can always go running to him and he'll be there with arms wide open to hold me and help me back up if I fall. But he doesn't baby me through anything. He knows what I'm capable of now that I've took control. He tells me what I should do, what I can do. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. And now that I've helped him see the amazing, wonderful, beautiful man that he is and helped him find the confidence he never knew he had, he's helped me find the confidence that I had lost.

A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.  ~David Brinkley

3 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with you, no one should EVER try to steer your life for you, after all it's YOUR life. I deal with this all the time with my parents(since I'm almost 16 so I'm still under their care) but at the end of all of it, I choose who'll take control of my life and who will hold the rest of the journey for me. I hope you don't mind me asking but who is this amazing person that's greatly influenced your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the person that this was wrote towards, (as far as helping me get through things go) was an ex, he was absolutely amazing, but due to things that went wrong we broke up. He really helped me through some really rough times though. I do need to check out your blog though! I plan on doing that in the near future! I really appreciate your comments and feedback on my blog! :D thanks!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your welcome :) and keep writing! You have a talent.

    ReplyDelete